The records released to permissible users contain address, height, weight and DOB.
Violations disposed by the court are not reported on the driving record. Parking violations are not listed either, but may be in the near future.
Accidents are not required to be reported by policy to the Motor Vehicle Division.
A citation for “Speed Greater Than Reasonable and Prudent” allows the police officer to cite for speed due to conditions rather than specific miles per hour over limit. The cite id frequently used with accidents.
The length of time moving violations, DWI’s and suspensions are listed on the non-CDL public driving record is either thirty-nine months or five years depending on type of record ordered. For CDL can be ten years to fifty-five years.
These records contain personal information such as name, address, customer record number (driver license number), social security number, medical or disability information, and may include a digital photo image. This information may be released to requesters using the following permissive uses:
- For any person requesting his or her own record
- For use by any government agency, including any court or law enforcement agency,
in carrying out it’s functions or any private person or entity acting on behalf of a government agency in carrying out it’s functions.
- For use by an attorney licensed to practice law or by a licensed private investigator in
connection with any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitration proceeding in any courtof government agency or before any self-regulatory bod, including the service ofprocess, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of
judgements and orders or pursuant to a court order.
- For use by any insurer who writes automobile liability or motor vehicle liability policies and who is under the jurisdiction of the Department of Insurance or insurance support organization or by a self-insured entity or it’s agents, employees, or contractors in connection with claims investigation activities and anti-fraud activities, rating or underwriting.
- For use by an employer or it’s agent or insurer to obtain or verify information relating to a holder of a commercial driver license that is required under the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986.
- For any other use in response to requests for individual Motor Vehicle Records, if the state has obtained the express consent of the person to whom the personal information pertains, and the licensee does not have an “Opt-Out” code on their record.
- For use by any requestor if the requester demonstrates he or she has obtained the written consent of the individual to whom the information pertains. A signed and notarized Consent to Release Motor Vehicle Record – One-Time must be attached to the Motor Vehicle Record Request form.Restricted MVRsThese records contain limited personal information, such as name, address and customer record number (driver license number), and may be released to requesters using the following permissible uses:For use in connection with matters of at least one of the following:
- Performance monitoring of motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts, and dealers
- Motor vehicle market research activities, including survey research
- Removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of motor vehicle manufacturers
- For use in the normal course of business by a legitimate business or it’s agents, employees, or contractors, but only: To verify the accuracy of personal information submitted by the individual to the business or it’s agents, employees, or contractors.
- If the information submitted is not correct, or is no longer correct, to obtain the correct information for the purpose of preventing fraud by pursuing legal remedies against or recovering on a debt or security interest against the individual
- For use in research activities and for use in producing statistical reports, if the personal information is not published, re-disclosed, or used to contact individuals.
- For use in providing notice to the owners of towed or impounded vehicles
- For use by any licensed private investigative agency or licensed security service.
- For use in connection with the operation of private toll transportation facilities.
- For any other use that is specifically authorized by law, and that is related to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety, including the following: Use by a financial institution or enterprise under the jurisdiction of the Department of Financial Institutions or a federal monetary authority.
- Use by a motor vehicle dealer who is licensed and bonded by the Department of Motor Vehicles, or a state organization of licensed and bonded motor vehicle dealers.
- Use by a person who is involved in an accident or the owner of a vehicle involved in an accident if the person who requests the information submits proof to the Department of Motor Vehicles of involvement in the accident.
- Use by a person applying for a bonded title if all of the following conditions exist: The requester verifies to the satisfaction of the Motor Vehicle Division that the vehicle on which the requester is requesting the record is in the requester’s possession.
- The record is requested in order for the requester to notify the registered owner of the requester’s intent to apply to the Motor Vehicle Division for a bonded title.
- The requester pro vides a verification of a vehicle inspection that was performed by an authorized Motor Vehicle Division employee or agent.
- Use by an operator of a self-service storage facility who alleges both of the following: That the vehicle on which the operator is requesting the record is in the operator’s possession.
- That the record is requested to allow the operator to notify the registered owner and any lienholders of record of the operator’s intent to foreclose it’s lien and to sell the vehicle.For more information, or if you have any questions concerning your eligibility to receive a particular MVR, please contact our office. We will be more than happy to assist you.